Monday, April 14, 2008

Digital Scrapbooking

I love to scrapbook. I hate having glue stuck to my fingers. I hate storing a billion little things. I hate cleaning up little scraps of paper for days afterwards. And to be realistic I don't have time to get it all out or dare leave it out with little kids running amuck. So I am already 2 years behind in my kids' books and I think the last time I scrapbooked our family stuff was 5 years ago.

So one digital class in October and one Photoshop for Christmas and I am off. Well, sort of. There is a little bit of a learning curve to consider. I will admit that as good as they look on the computer, they don't have the same feel when they're printed. I must miss the textures and depth. But for now, at this point in my life, I guess I'll either scrapbook digitally or so few and far between, that I'll never catch up. I do love putting everything away with the click of a button and having all my embellishments neatly organized. I haven't picked up an eyelet off the floor in months and the only glue on my fingers is from gluing macaroni onto construction paper with Ruby.

2 comments:

GG said...

This is a great idea! And your pages are so cute. You inspire me!! Love you, Mom

Ruth said...

Oh,I have been struggling just to figure out how to layer one item. Maybe you could suggest how to start. I have corel paint shop pro x and it is so frustrating, I have about given up. I am sure there are easier programs for this. Your pages are very creative. I loved looking at them. Robins Mom