Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Custom Bleach Shirts

This activity was a trial run with my kids, for a mutual class activity. It was very easy and produced immediate results, which made it a hit with the little ones.

I cut shapes out of freezer paper and ironed them on to the shirts. Make sure to iron long enough so the shape is really stuck on or the bleach seeps under. And even when the shapes are ironed on securely, depending on the shirt and the amount of bleach, the bleach still travels underneath your shape. This happened to 3 of the 6 shirts we tried.
Then I let my kids spray them with bleach and depending on the quality of the shirt and type of fabric, you will end up with an assortment of finished products, quiet possibly in a variety of colors. But I guess that is half the fun.

No comments: